United Airlines MileagePlus Card is a credit card that offers travel rewards to its users. With this card, you can earn miles when you purchase flights, hotels, and other travel-related expenses. These miles can be redeemed for flights, upgrades, and other travel perks. But did you know that you can also earn miles by referring your friends and family to sign up for the United MileagePlus Card? In this article, we will discuss how you can suggest a friend for the United MileagePlus Card and earn more miles.
What is United MileagePlus Card?
The United MileagePlus Card is a co-branded credit card that is offered by Chase and United Airlines. This card allows you to earn miles when you purchase flights, hotels, and other travel-related expenses. You can also earn miles by referring your friends and family to sign up for this card.
How to Suggest a Friend for United MileagePlus Card?
If you are a United MileagePlus Card holder, you can earn miles by referring your friends and family to sign up for this card. To suggest a friend, you need to follow the steps below:
- Go to the United MileagePlus website and log in to your account.
- Click on the “Refer a Friend” link.
- Enter the name and email address of the friend you want to refer.
- Click on the “Send Invitation” button.
Your friend will receive an email from United MileagePlus with a link to apply for the card. If your friend is approved for the card and meets the spending requirements, you will receive the referral bonus miles.
Referral Bonus Miles
When you suggest a friend for the United MileagePlus Card and they are approved, you will receive a referral bonus of 10,000 miles per person, up to a maximum of 50,000 miles per calendar year. Your friend will also receive a sign-up bonus of 50,000 miles after they spend $3,000 within the first three months of account opening.
To qualify for the sign-up bonus and the referral bonus, your friend must meet the spending requirements. For the sign-up bonus, your friend must spend $3,000 within the first three months of account opening. For the referral bonus, your friend must make their first purchase within the first three months of account opening.
Terms and Conditions
Before you suggest a friend for the United MileagePlus Card, make sure you read and understand the terms and conditions. Some of the important terms and conditions are:
- The referral bonus miles will be credited to your account within 6-8 weeks after your friend is approved and meets the spending requirements.
- You can only refer friends and family members who do not currently have a United MileagePlus Card.
- You can refer up to five friends and family members per calendar year.
- The referral bonus miles are not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- The United MileagePlus Card has an annual fee of $95, which is waived for the first year.
Suggesting a friend for the United MileagePlus Card is a great way to earn more miles and travel rewards. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily refer your friends and family and earn up to 50,000 bonus miles per calendar year. Just make sure you read and understand the terms and conditions before you refer anyone.